For a list of Peñasco-area resources (food, health, academic, internet), click here.
If you cannot download attachments, here is the full list:
Resources for Your Families During Self-Isolation
- Taos Behavioral Health is taking new clients, with online meetings. Contact Racheal Pyne at email@example.com. Office: 575-758-4297
- El Centro has waived all copays for services until further notice. Appointments by telephone. Under certain circumstances our providers are seeing patients face to face, i.e., pregnancy, immunizations, medication injections. Open to anyone. Contact Monique Visarraga if you have any questions about services El Centro Family Health. 505-579-4255. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shannon Medina, school social worker, is offering mental health services are available for all students and family. Online services are available. For more information and resources, contact email@example.com.
- AA meeting in Dixon, Tuesday's at 7:00, via Zoom. Contact 505-692-4918 to get connected.
- Peñasco Schools Lunch Program: Available to all children pre-K-18, regardless of whether they’re enrolled in the district. Delivered at school bus stops. Contact Sheila Rodriguez if you’re not receiving meals: 575-587-2502 ex 2107
- Chamisal Senior Center: Meals for pickup. 575-587-2778
- Ojo Sarco Senior Center: Meals for pickup. (505) 689-1055
- Help for seniors getting groceries, supplies, and meals. 1-800-432-2080.
- Communities Against Violence offers counseling and safety services, along with food. To receive food boxes, you do not need to be a client. They ask for your name, address, and family size. Office Phone: (575) 758-8082. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Crisis Hotline available 24/7/365: (575) 758-9888 (collect calls accepted)
Academic and Arts Resources
- The Boys & Girls Club of Picuris Pueblo has a new website with virtual tutoring, mental health resources, and hygiene information during the Covid-19 shutdown. Tutoring is offered online M-F, 4-6 p.m. All students, regardless of race or ethnicity, are accepted. https://bgcpicurispueblo.com
- Peñasco Theater Collective will be offering art activities, games, and physical activity exercises on their website. http://www.penascotheatercollective.org
- The Spot: Open Tuesdays and Thursday, 10-4, by appointment. 575-587-2200.
- Services include: Navigating and applying for government benefit programs; internet, copiers, fax, phones, computers; notary; community health workers; coronavirus updates; counseling/ consultations; filing for unemployment; food services/RX pick up; recovery (substance and injury); therapy (behavioral, physical and spiritual); library book lend out program; community education workshops and classes; art co-op; body movement and mindful classes (yoga, Tai Qi, Qi Gong); body work; census
These are locations with free internet service. Please stay in your car to maintain self-isolation and health safety.
- Peñasco High School parking lot (especially outside Ms. Cordova’s room)
- San Antonio de Padua Catholic Church rectory, Peñasco
- Vadito Community Center
- Ojo Sarco Community Center
- Peñasco Theater/Sugar Nymphs: Wifi: netgear10. Password: rockyocean400
- (Please be respectful of Sugar Nymphs drive-up customers.)
- Picuris Pueblo Central Office